Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5

Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5



ADONAI is a stronghold for the oppressed,

a tower of strength in times of trouble.

Those who know your name put their trust in you,

for you have not abandoned those who seek you, ADONAI.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A "Bat Mitzvah" To Be Planned

Yep, here I am at sixty something and about to start planning for my very own "Bat Mitzvah."  Can you believe it?  Wasn't I writing about conversion or "Messianic Jewish Simka," a few posts ago.

After Hebrew class last Thursday, Rabbi asked me when my next birthday was.  Trying to be funny, I said I stopped celebrating birthdays.  But I corrected myself.  My family will not let me forget my birthday.  Cards, cake, you know -- celebration.  So, I told him when my birthday was, and he said we would have my Jewish Simka then.  I can't quote him exactly but that's what he meant.  I was overjoyed, over the moon, jumping up and down happy.

If you know about Bar/Bat Mitzvah, then you know I am too old to be coming of age in the traditional Jewish sense. What it will be is time of celebration marking my love of Yeshua and my becoming one with His people.  My full understanding of the responsibility of following His commandments and my desire to do so.  

There are many things to consider for this day. (Hmm, hold that thought.  That merits its own page.)

The most important thing for me is knowing that I have come full circle in my walk with Yeshua.  I will be walking in the steps of my Master, following Torah.  The Simka (celebration) will make it official. 

No comments: