Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5

Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5



ADONAI is a stronghold for the oppressed,

a tower of strength in times of trouble.

Those who know your name put their trust in you,

for you have not abandoned those who seek you, ADONAI.

Friday, March 9, 2012

My First Purim

I wanted to get this brief post up before the start of Shabbat.  Last night we celebrated Purim at Sar Shalom.  Jimmy Black was invited and my spirit was soaring as he sang.   (I plan to go to his web site and purchase his new CD when it becomes available.)   Rabbi Mark spoke about Haman and how HaSatan (cursed be he) did not succeed in his evil scheme.  He brought to our minds the many plots and schemes designed to hurt us that the L-rd has thwarted. HaShem has turned evil to good. 

I had visual flashbacks of the automobile accidents I have had, the many fractures, the poor choice of friends during adolescence, the bad choices in so many areas of my life, and how HaShem saw fit to allow me to survive it all. Thank you L-rd.  Your mercies are new every morning.  You protect your people.

The Purim celebration included games for the kids, food, beverages and of course lots of fun.  My first Purim was certainly and truly a celebration.

No comments: