Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5

Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5



ADONAI is a stronghold for the oppressed,

a tower of strength in times of trouble.

Those who know your name put their trust in you,

for you have not abandoned those who seek you, ADONAI.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tornadoes in North Texas

In the midst of heavy duty kitchen cleaning to prepare for Passover, my brother sends me a text message that there are tornadoes touching down in Dallas/Fort Worth .  Tornadoes are new to me.  Being from the North East I get a bit anxious when I hear the word Tornado.  Now my daughter, son-in-law, and grand daughter were in Dallas for a medical appointment. I became a little worried when I did not get an answer from them when I sent a text.

Forney Tornado
Here is a photo taken by clockworklemon of a tornado in Forney, Texas on April 4th and posted on wonderground.com

I stopped what I was doing, and began to pray.  After that, I gathered up a couple of flashlights, a radio, a couple of candles (scented of course), and prepared the bathroom in case I needed to take shelter there.  You've seen the raw footage-- pretty scary. What did they say, take a twin size mattress in the tub with you?  All I have is a queen and I can't pick that one up. 

So I waited.  During the wait, I vacumed draws, and cabinets, swept and mopped, rearranged pots and pans, cleaned out the toaster oven.  I did this at a furious pace.  You know that I was so thankful when the sirens stopped and the National Weather Service cancelled the tornado warning for my area. 

The tornadoes left behind severe destruction, and injuries, but I believe all the prayers that went up on April 4 were answered.  No deaths have been reported so far. 

Please keep all those whose lives have been affected by the tornadoes in your prayers.  There is much healing and restoration that needs to take place. 

Oh, my family was safe.  They had tried to call me, but the calls were being dropped.  I was overjoyed to see them walk through the door.  And my kitchen, not much leaven there.  

No comments: