Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5

Tehillim (Psalms) 9:5



ADONAI is a stronghold for the oppressed,

a tower of strength in times of trouble.

Those who know your name put their trust in you,

for you have not abandoned those who seek you, ADONAI.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Understanding the Deeper Yearning

It was during my third visit to Sar Shalom that the L-rd spoke to my heart and said, "You have chosen well." No, I'm not crazy.  It happened while everyone was in prayer for 2 members of the congregation that were leaving for Israel. Rabbi was leading the prayer and was laying hands on the two men.  You could feel the L-rd's presence.  His Spirit was moving and people were being touched.  Hands were lifted up in adoration. The sound of Halleluyahs filled the air.  In the midst of this prayer, He spoke those words to my heart.  "You have chosen well."

Later, after the afternoon class was over and I was on my way home, I felt an overwhelming feeling of joy.  This joy was so intense that I found myself in tears.  I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Lord had led me to Sar Shalom.  He had brought me to a place where I would learn more of Him.

For years I had been praying and seeking for a deeper knowledge of the things of G-d.  I had asked the L-rd many times to teach me His ways.  Being a firm believer in the five fold ministry, I was exposed to the teachers, pastors, evangelists and especially over the past 4 years, to the prophetic and apostolic.  However, I still felt there was something missing.  Something that I had been unable to grasp.    What that turned out to be was Torah.

No comments: